Learn more about the Garmin GPSMAP 66i Weather Forecast Training in this 66i Playlist.
Types of Weather Forecasts
Select INREACH WEATHER from the Main Menu and you’ll get two weather forecast options.
- Basic Weather
- Premium Weather
The basic weather will give you up to four days of weather and 2 hour forecasts.
The premium weather will give you up to eight days of weather.
With Active Weather, you will get the following:
- Radar Scope
Here are some example of what you will see in the Active Weather.
The Active Weather has a lot of great detail, but you must be in cell service in order to download the information. I personally don’t use Active Weather, other than to test it.
I primarily use the Premium Weather under INREACH WEATHER, but each weather forecast will cost one dollar.
Check out the YouTube video below to learn more about the weather forecast options.
- Large 3 inch Sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the geos 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center, two-way messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device Birdseye satellite imagery downloads (no annual subscription), includes multiple global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access active weather forecasts and geocaching live
- Compatible with the Garmin explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode and 1-minute tracking mode (display off), 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page