Learn more about the Garmin GPSMAP 66i Weather Forecast Training in this 66i Playlist.
Types of Weather Forecasts
- Basic Weather
- Premium Weather
The basic weather will give you up to four days of weather and 2 hour forecasts.
The premium weather will give you up to eight days of weather.
With Active Weather, you will get the following:
- Radar Scope
Here are some example of what you will see in the Active Weather.
The Active Weather has a lot of great detail, but you must be in cell service in order to download the information. I personally don’t use Active Weather, other than to test it.
I primarily use the Premium Weather under INREACH WEATHER, but each weather forecast will cost one dollar.
Check out the YouTube video below to learn more about the weather forecast options.
- Large 3 inch Sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the geos 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center, two-way messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device Birdseye satellite imagery downloads (no annual subscription), includes multiple global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access active weather forecasts and geocaching live
- Compatible with the Garmin explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode and 1-minute tracking mode (display off), 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page