Garmin eTrex SE Notifications. Did you know you could get them and what kind of notifications can you get?
Notifications on the eTrex SE
First, the eTrex SE cannot message or call SOS. Let’s clear that up in case you thought that notifications had anything to do with messaging.
Secondly, the notifications you can get depend on your eTrex SE being synced with your smartphone or tablet. Here are some of the notifications you can get on the eTrex:
- Texts Received
- Calendar Events
- App Alerts, etc.
Note: Again I want to say this again, that even though you can see if someone calls or texts you, you cannot respond to them on the eTrex SE.
I’m making a point of this because the first time I saw the NOTIFICATIONS, was out on a field test of the Garmin eTrex SE, and it made me wonder if I could message on it. I was sure I couldn’t, but I wasn’t sure until I did some research on the Garmin site and talked to a Garmin Technician to confirm it.
You can get more information on NOTIFICATIONS on the Support.Garmin site by clicking HERE.
Check out this short YouTube video for more information.
- The 2.2” high-resolution display is easy to read, even in bright sunlight
- Get long battery life of up to 168 hours in standard mode and up to 1,800 hours in expedition mode with 2 field-replaceable AA batteries (not included)
- Pair with the Garmin Explore app on your compatible smartphone for wireless software updates, trip planning, Active Weather, smart notifications and additional mapping
- Get automatic cache updates from Geocaching Live, including descriptions, logs and hints when paired to the Garmin Explore app on your compatible smartphone
- Multi-GNSS support gives access to multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou and QZSS) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Plot your bearing with the digital compass, which provides an accurate heading even when stationary
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page