Check out the Garmin inReach Mini | How to Create a New Trail. How do you create a new trail with your Garmin inReach Mini? It’s actually really easy. Stay with me to the end to see how it’s done and to see a short YouTube video at the end.
inReach Mini Settings
Here’s how to get into the settings before you start tracking your new trail. Go to settings from the home screen.
Now select (Setup), then (Tracking), and next ()Send Interval).
Next, go down to (Log Interval), and make sure (Auto Track) is off as I have found it causes me more problems than I would like.
Create the Trail
After you have the settings where you want them, then all you need to do is (Start Tracking) and go for a hike.
After the Hike
Now, head back home or to your office and Log into the Garmin Explore Map page. This is where you will see the tracks you have laid down. I believe the tracks are found under (Activities).
You can see from this image how accurate the tracks are. The out and back track on the right side of the image was the TracBack test I conducted before this test.
The loop trail on the left of the image was what I created on this new trail test. Below is an image with the satellite image turned on.
Interestingly enough, it looks like more points are shown in this image then the previous image.
As you can see, the Garmin inReach Mini is capable of extreme accuracy, but you can change that for your liking and to save battery life.
Creating a new trail when one is not available online is really easy. I hope this has helped you understand how to do it, but please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Check out the YouTube video below to see the test in action.
- Small, rugged, lightweight satellite communicator enables 2 way text messaging using the 100 percentage global Iridium network (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center (satellite subscription required). Display size-0.9 x 0.9 inch
- Access downloadable maps, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more by using the free Garmin Earthmate app and compatible devices
- Optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Mini or paired device, basic and premium weather packages available
- Send and receive inReach messages through compatible Garmin devices, including connected wearables and handhelds. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels
- NOTICE: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page