Here is a detailed Garmin GPSMAP 67i Weather Forecasts Tutorial.
Ways to Get Weather Forecasts
- Garmin GPSMAP 67i (on the Device)
- Garmin Messenger App
Types of Weather Forecasts
- inReach Weather
- Basic Weather Forecast
- Premium Weather Forecast
- Active Weather
- Must be in Cell Service or in WIFI.
How to Get Weather on the 67i
Here are the steps to get a weather forecast on your GPSMAP 67i.
Go to the Menu, then select INREACH WEATHER, then NEW FORECAST, and choose BASIC or PREMIUM. I chose the Premium Weather for this test.
If you select FORECAST TYPE, you will get the two forecast type options below, but remember the Premium Weather will cost you money. In this test I chose MY LOCATION, and then GET FORECAST.
It took about 1 minute for the GPSMAP 67i to send the request through the satellite system, and less than a minute to receive the new weather Forecast.
You can see the weather forecast I received and the detailed weather information on the right side of the image, plus you will also get a weather forecast every two hours, for around three days.
How to Get Weather on the Messenger App
You can also get a weather forecast through the Garmin Messenger App.
Go to WEATHER, then select FORECAST LOCATION, and next the type of weather forecast you would like, followed by GET FORECAST.
Here is the weather forecast I received during the field test.
The one thing I noticed is that I was able to get some additional detailed weather information when using the actual device, whereas it was not available when getting weather through the Messenger App, however there is some great information in these forecasts, and they are extremely easy to request.
Check out the Garmin GPSMAP 67 field test when I requested the weather forecasts in the YouTube video below.
- Large 3” sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Enable two-way messaging and location tracking via the 100% global Iridium satellite network, and trigger an interactive SOS to Garmin Response℠, a 24/7 staffed emergency response coordination center (active subscription required; some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices)
- Access preloaded TopoActive mapping from Garmin, view satellite imagery, and navigate with multi-band GNSS support and sensors
- When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can access active weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Use with the Garmin Explore website or app on your compatible smartphone to help you plan trips and more
- Get access to a wide variety of premium mapping content delivered directly to your device via Wi-Fi technology with an Outdoor Maps+ subscription
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page