Learn more about the Garmin inReach Mini 2 Battery Tests here as I run through multiple tests to see if the Mini 2 really performs as well as Garmin says.
I am performing several battery tests of the Garmin inReach Mini 2 and will also be creating a playlist on my YouTube Channel that you can get to by clicking HERE.
Battery Test #1
Test run 24/7, in default settings, in GPS mode.
- Test Started: 4/21/2023 at 7 pm
- Test Ended: 4/24/2023 at 8 pm
- Battery Percentage Remaining: 80%
- Battery Would Last for: 14 to 15 Days
Battery Test #2
Test run 24/7, in default settings, in GNSS mode.
- Test Started: 4/24/2023 at 10 pm
- Test Ended: 4/28/2023 at 9 pm
- Battery Percentage Remaining: 73%
- Battery Would Last for 15 Days
Battery Test #3
Test run 9.5 hours, with 2 minute tracking, sharing tracks to MapShare on a Colorado road trip
- Test Started: 4/30/2023 at 5 am
- Test Ended: 4/30/2023 at 2:30 pm
- Battery Percentage Remaining: 74% battery remaining. Lost 2.73% per hour.
- Battery Would Last for: 36.6 hours
Battery Test #4
Test run 24/7, in GPS and GNSS Mode.
- Test Started: 4/30/2023
- Test Ended: 5/11/2023
- Battery Percentage Lost: 18% per day in GPS Mode and 22% per day in GNSS Mode
- Battery Would Last for: 5.5 days in GPS Mode and 4.5 days in GNSS Mode
Battery Test #5
Test run 24/7, in Low Power Mode with 10 Minute Tracking.
- Test Started: 5/12/2023 at 1 pm
- Test Ended: 5/25/2023 at 7 pm
- Battery Percentage Remaining: 81%
- Battery Would Last for: 16.37 Days
The Garmin inReach Mini 2’s battery is everything Garmin says it is, by my experience and field tests. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions on the tests.
- Compact, lightweight satellite communicator enables two-way messaging and interactive SOS globally (Active satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices.)
- Navigate back to where you started by using TracBack routing
- Share your location with loved ones back home at any time (active satellite subscription required) by using your MapShare page or with your coordinates embedded in your messages
- Get accurate heading information using the digital compass — even when you’re not moving
- Sync with the Garmin Explore app and website on your compatible smartphone for trip planning and topographical mapping, and create waypoints, courses, activities and collections you can sync to your device
- Pair with Garmin devices, such as wearables and handhelds, and use them to send and receive messages and trigger an SOS (active satellite subscription required)
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page
You can learn more about the Garmin inReach Mini 2 Battery and Specs by going to the Garmin Support Site.