Should you use the Garmin inReach Mini 2 Back to Start or TracBack instead?
I have used and field tested the TracBack function on the Garmin inReach Mini 2 and the Garmin GPSMAP 67i many times and it has always worked well. You can learn more about TracBack in the video below.
However, if you are navigating or have select Tracking, the most simple thing to do is select Back to Start.
inReach Back to Start
I went out on this latest field test thinking that selecting TracBack would be the best option, but when I finished my short hike, there was Stop Tracking and right below that was Back to Start. These both do the same thing, but it’s much more convenient to select Back to Start here, and the detail of the route back is great. Check out a few images below.
Note: I did use High Detail on the Activity Recording.
This field test went really well, and was simple and easy to follow the instructions on the screen. I would like to add more to it but the best thing to do would be to watch the YouTube Video below of the field test.
- Compact, lightweight satellite communicator enables two-way messaging and interactive SOS globally (Active satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices.)
- Navigate back to where you started by using TracBack routing
- Share your location with loved ones back home at any time (active satellite subscription required) by using your MapShare page or with your coordinates embedded in your messages
- Get accurate heading information using the digital compass — even when you’re not moving
- Sync with the Garmin Explore app and website on your compatible smartphone for trip planning and topographical mapping, and create waypoints, courses, activities and collections you can sync to your device
- Pair with Garmin devices, such as wearables and handhelds, and use them to send and receive messages and trigger an SOS (active satellite subscription required)
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page