Check out how to Set a Waypoint on the Garmin inReach Mini 2 in this field test.
Set a Waypoint on the Device
It’s really easy to create a waypoint on the inReach Mini 2. Follow these steps below.
- Go into the MENU
- Select MARK WAYPOINT
- Select NAME
- Select one of the names listed or TYPE NAME for a unique name
- Select ICON
- Select a category. I use Outdoors
- Select the most appropriate icon
- Then back arrow out.
Now you can navigate to the waypoint by following these steps.
- Go into the MENU
- Select NAVIGATE
- Select WAYPOINTS
- Then select the waypoint you created
- and Select GO
It’s really that easy.
Set a Waypoint with the Explore App
Here’s how you create a waypoint with the Explore App on your smartphone
- Open the Explore App
- Select the (+) icon on the top left of the screen
- Select CREATE WAYPOINT
- Click on the flag icon and change to the icon you want
- Click on the name. It shows up by the flag icon with the date for the name. Change it to what you want.
- Type in the name and select OK
- Next, select GO
- Pick the device you want to navigate by if you have more than one Garmin device, or you can navigate by both
- There may be another screen that shows up if you only selected one device to navigate by.
That’s it. It’s easy to create waypoints either way, but I find it easier and more convenient to use the Explore App.
I hope this helps you. I believe it’s much easier to use the Explore App, but you should know how to use both in case you lose Bluetooth or you don’t want to use your phone on the adventure.
You can see more about how to create waypoints by watching the YouTube video below.
- Compact, lightweight satellite communicator enables two-way messaging and interactive SOS globally (Active satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices.)
- Navigate back to where you started by using TracBack routing
- Share your location with loved ones back home at any time (active satellite subscription required) by using your MapShare page or with your coordinates embedded in your messages
- Get accurate heading information using the digital compass — even when you’re not moving
- Sync with the Garmin Explore app and website on your compatible smartphone for trip planning and topographical mapping, and create waypoints, courses, activities and collections you can sync to your device
- Pair with Garmin devices, such as wearables and handhelds, and use them to send and receive messages and trigger an SOS (active satellite subscription required)
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page