How to dictate a message on Garmin inreach mini 2? I’m still learning this, but let me show you what I have found so far.
Two Methods of Dictation
What I have found to date is there are two ways to dictate a message on your iPhone.
- Select the Microphone button at the bottom right of the screen, then speak your message, then turn off the microphone when you’re finished.
- Turn on Voice Control in your settings menu then speak your message.
Both of these are similar but also have some differences, so let me run through what I have discovered so far on each of these.
Dictation Using the Microphone Button
This one should be the easiest to learn and what I would recommend to most people.
First, go to the Garmin Messenger App.
Select who you want to send the message to.
Turn on the Microphone on the bottom right of the page.
Speak your message. This may take some learning as there are certain commands you need to get use to using. Next, turn off the Microphone button.
Send the message.
It’s that simple and can save you a lot of typing if you choose to use this.
Dictation Using Voice Control
There are a few steps you need to take to set up Voice Control, plus you need to get use to the commands and how to become effective and proficient at using it, but it can be a powerful tool for you.
First, set up voice control in Settings on your phone.
Now, go to the Garmin Messenger App, but this is where you can choose to do things a little different.
- You can choose to tell your iPhone to “Wake Up.”
- You can say “Open Messenger.”
- This next part is what I’m still working on. I would think you should be able to speak and pick the person to message to, but I have not figured this out so far, so I have to manually select the person.
- Next, I have to manually select the box to start my message in.
- At this point, I can speak my message. Then I say “Period” and “Tap Send.” This adds the punctuation and sends the message automatically, rather then having to manually tap “send.”
Once everything is set up, send a message by speaking is very similar with a few differences. This is something that you and I both will need to practice and become proficient with before we need to use in real life on our outdoor adventure.
Please leave a comment below if you have questions or know something that I am not using or sharing with you so we can all learn this together.
Check out the YouTube video below.
- 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion for a faster, more responsive feel
- Cinematic mode adds shallow depth of field and shifts focus automatically in your videos
- Pro camera system with new 12MP Telephoto, Wide, and Ultra Wide cameras; LiDAR Scanner; 6x optical zoom range; macro photography; Photographic Styles, ProRes video, Smart HDR 4, Night mode, Apple ProRAW, 4K Dolby Vision HDR recording
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with Night mode, 4K Dolby Vision HDR recording
- A15 Bionic chip for lightning-fast performance
- Up to 28 hours of video playback, the best battery life ever in an iPhone
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page